Monday, November 12, 2012

Conspiring?



“But thou know’st this,
‘Tis time to fear when tyrants seem to kiss.”
                                                            Shakespeare


“Power on an ancient consecrated throne,
Strong in possession, founded in old custom;
Power by a thousand tough and stringy roots,
Fixed to the people’s pious nursery-faith.”
                                                            Schiller


What do these three above items have in common? 

Simple, they infer that there are things going on in this world that few actually see or are willing to acknowledge.  Some call it business as usual, others conspiracy and many don’t believe it actually exists.  Regardless, there are connections between the events of today and yesterday if you are willing to look.  The meanings of some of those connections are clear when you see them and others are not. 

On a global scale some of these things are fairly simple to see: The constant expansion of power over the people by their governments.  Few deny that the function of government seems to be selfish preservation of its position.  Refer to the simultaneous coalescing of the European governments into a single monolithical EU power as an example.  There’s the steady degradation of the acknowledged Rights of man across the so-called civilized world as men try to assert themselves in the face of a rapidly expanding government control structure.  How about the trained emphasis on debt as an accepted way to live our lives?  Each is a symptom of powerful and wicked individuals at work.

Now, there are the mockers out there who will scoff at anyone who points to these machinations as something both unnatural and evil.  But why?  Why is it so hard to believe that those people who would actively seek to exalt themselves to the positions of the very highest power would also be without other motives and thus somehow unwilling to harm others to gather the very power they crave?  Why, in the light of centuries of recorded history would reasonable and otherwise intelligent people refuse to acknowledge a pattern of abuse that stretches throughout that same history?  That kings and rulers, presidents and dictators are all subject to the same corruption and desires as normal man or perhaps worse?  Is it fear?  A willing disbelief?  A desire to reject reality and it’s painful results?  I don’t know but for me it was mere ignorance.

I grew up in a typical American life.  School, divorce, television.  And my favorite was distraction.  Be it games, play, media, or just fantasy life, I did whatever I could to deny the painful reality I was forced into.  From birth I was ready to seek and accept the pain free path.  I was educated by the state and expected to magically just fit in.  My parents expected the state to educate me in a neutral manner, providing me with the tools needed to live a productive life.  While I love them both, I really doubt they ever lost sleep about the contents of the information I was exposed to.  Between the media storyline and the education provided by the government schools, I was told many things I have since found to be completely untrue. 

An example is the lie that we live in a free democracy.  Or even that we should want to live in one.  By extension a democracy is the rule of the will of a mob.  That is not a safe place to reside when the mob rules and dictates the law.  In actuality America is supposed to be a representative republic where the rule of law is primary.  And the law is Statute law not case law that can be easily bent by unscrupulous men.

Or how about the talk that certain presidents are far superior to others?  I was told in school that Lincoln and FDR were truly great men.  Well, they were great in the power that they exorcised in their terms of service but great in a moral or character based sense?  Not so much.  Neither man lived up to his Oath.  And then the questions about how they got into power are never asked by those same people who preach their greatness... 

So what has that to do with a greater theme in this life we live?  Well, if I was misled by those men, women and even the very system trusted to raise me by my parents, then I believe that many of us were. 

A man whom I respect solely for his honesty on this subject, once described how a monarchy was superior to a representative republic and in some ways he was right.  Kings are raised from birth to rule.  Presidents are chosen for their ability to successfully complete a race for power.  Both are clearly flawed and pathetic systems of providing for the protection of the Rights of a man.  Neither has any compelling reason to protect me and mine, instead the systems are both framed around the protection of the power they have acquired.

And to preserve that power, throughout time men have provided means of establishing and preserving for themselves and their kin that power they have seized, regardless of the manner of the actual taking.  Monarchs use a fallacy of hereditary succession and the police power of the state to convince the people that theirs is a true and just rule.  The so-called democratic republics of this world have invested us in the myth of free elections and the sovereign franchise of man while those who control the information control the results of those elections. 

“There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. -- Daniel Webster

Ok, so there are men who seek power and do actually rule over us.  Big deal.  I have everything I need.  Why should I care?  I’m free to come and go as I see fit.  I can buy homes and cars and computers.  I can get married and have a family.  I can seek my own fortune and if I wish it, I can even seek political power.  So I am free, right?  So why should we mess with the system?  Sure it’s corrupt but that doesn’t touch me.





 There was a day when that woman failing to protect her child may have said the same thing.  “The government is someone else’s problem, I have too many things to do.” 





 This man may have boasted of his freedom in years previous but now he kneels on the side of a pit, still holding his coat, with his neighbors bleeding and dead below him and with a government provided pistol being aimed at his head, about to die.  What is he thinking?  His face calls my eye and I find myself trying to fathom what that moment was to him.  And to those men surrounding him, born of woman just as he was, who wore a government’s uniform and carried the government’s guns but pulled the triggers with their own fingers and killed their neighbors.  I cannot find where Hitler or Stalin once pulled a trigger and personally killed a man or woman or child.  It was people, free-willed men and women who did these things.





 And these things.





And these things.





But that last one’s different?  Why?  I am sorry if it offends but there is no difference.  Some people choose to reject the government’s stance on a subject or fail to align with it and then are killed for their choice.  Pretty simple.  A monopoly of force in the hands of your rulers...

What do these horrible pictures have to do with a bigger plan?  They carry a simple message: ignoring the plan’s existence will kill either you or those around you.

Governments that are allowed to grow too large then become unresponsive to their people and will eventually turn on them.  And enslave them.  And kill them.  It’s just history.  And also our future if we sit and do nothing effective.


1 comment:

  1. Remember how they spent months with the TV propaganda, getting the American population absolutely giddy over the concept of a military solution in Waco?
    Disgusting.
    The TV made it so easy for the nation to be led.

    ReplyDelete